Essentials of Emergency Medicine 2023,COVID-19 safety protocols:
The safety of all EEM23 attendees is a top priority at Hippo. By attending EEM23 in Las Vegas, NV you agree to abide by and engage in certain beneficial health and safety conduct while in attendance. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Attesting to full vaccination status; received complete dosage (1 or 2 depending upon the vaccine manufacturer) in the primary series of an approved COVID-19 vaccine, per the CDC definition. Hippo strongly recommends attendees also be up-to-date with vaccines. The CDC defines this as having received all doses in the primary series and any boosters recommended for you, if eligible; or in the case of medical exemption, attendees must wear a mask at all times.
- Receiving a negative result on a self-administered antigen test no later than 24 hours prior to arrival at the event.
- Maintaining appropriate physical distancing.
- Stay home if febrile or exhibiting other symptoms of COVID-19 prior to the conference.
- If staying onsite and you become febrile or symptomatic, please stay in your room and notify The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas to report illness. Seek appropriate medical attention to obtain a COVID-19 test and do not return to the event until a negative test result is obtained.
- Require all attendees, exhibitors, and event support staff to attest to vaccinations with the exception of medical exemptions.
- Require attestation of a negative result to a COVID-19 antigen self-test no later than 24 hours prior to onsite registration.
- Strongly encourage the use of masks throughout the event.
- Ensure an appropriate amount of hand sanitizer stations are displayed throughout the Chelsea Theater and environs.
- Utilize signage to remind attendees to maintain physical distancing, hand-washing, and mask recommendations.
- Enhanced cleaning schedules within the Chelsea Theater per The Cosmopolitan COVID-19 policy.
- If an active case is reported, the hotel will work with local health authorities to complete all appropriate steps with any impacted guest. Additionally, cleaning and disinfecting measures in any areas that the guest was known to have access to during their stay will be thoroughly conducted.
- In the event that a guest to The Cosmopolitan has a confirmed case of COVID-19, the guest’s room will be removed from service and undergo enhanced sanitation procedures. Additionally, the room will not be returned to service until it is deemed safe.