At Hippo Education our mission is to empower the people of medicine to learn, grow, and thrive by creating education and community.
Hippo Education is on a mission to empower the people of medicine to learn, grow, and thrive by creating education and community. Our hard working and quick-to-laugh crew creates exceptional medical education products through our technology platform that hosts podcasts, video courses, and more to keep clinicians up-to-date and at their best. We have a team of over 50 with some working at the main studio in Los Angeles while most of us work remotely all across the US. Hippo’s a fantastic place to work and we’re genuinely proud of the impact we have on clinicians and their patients.
As a React Native / React Developer, you'll be instrumental in creating our next generation products and modernizing our existing codebase. In your role, you’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact within our small team, and plenty of room to grow, helping to shape our team and culture. Collaboration and a passion for solving challenging problems will be key to your success.
- Expert level React Native
- Experience bridging iOS and Android native layers
- Familiarity with Firebase and/or GraphQL
- Familiarity with Typescript
- Proficient with GitHub
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to mentor junior developers and conduct code reviews
- A great sense of humor, optimism, and collaboration
- Experience working in fast paced and high-performance Agile teams
- Knowledgeable with testing and building tools (Npm, Bower, Jest, Chai)
- Sequelize ORM, jsonapi, RESTful APIs
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Full time with remote / telecommute option
- Competitive salary, vacation, 401(k) match, health, vision, and dental insurance
Please apply at this link here and provide links to relevant examples of recent work (your GitHub or equivalent profile would be a great way to start). We'll get back to you within a few days if there is a fit. No calls please.