At Hippo Education our mission is to empower the people of medicine to learn, grow, and thrive by creating education and community.
Hippo Education is on a mission to empower the people of medicine to learn, grow, and thrive by creating education and community. Our hard working and quick-to-laugh crew creates exceptional medical education products, from podcasts to video courses, and more. We have a team of over 40, with some working at the main studio in Los Angeles, while many work remotely across the US. Hippo prioritizes our people and our core values, and is a fantastic place to work. We’re genuinely proud of the impact we have on clinicians and their patients.
As Hippo’s Urgent Care Video/Audio Medical Editor, you will work on product-specific strategy and operations, working cross-functionally with clinical and non-clinical teams. We’re looking for smart creatives comfortable working in ambiguity, learning new skills, and eager to design education and engage our community to change the way we feel about learning. Hippo stands out in the medical education space because of our authentic, engaging, human tone and personality, our dedication to high production quality, and our unequaled educational excellence. This is your domain. Your jam.
- Develop and record Urgent Care-specific medical education across video and audio platforms
- Recruit and manage educators
- Execute user engagement strategy, functioning as the clinical lead for user moderation (e.g. clinical discussion forums, user comments/queries, etc.), and working with production and product teams to execute creative user engagement solutions.
- Assist the marketing team with clinical insights to inform communication strategy, which includes copywriting and review of marketing assets.
- Participate in content oversight and product-level educational operations (QC/QI)
- Attend and contribute to regular clinical and team events and meetings
- Have experience and be comfortable being on camera and behind the microphone
- Proficiency in Google Suite. Experience with PowerPoint and/or Keynote, audio editing software ( eg Audacity, Sound Studio, Descript) is a plus
- Exceptional ability to learn new software and new skills related to product, marketing, production
- Exceptional ability to recruit and manage clinicians
- Exceptional ability to work cross-functionally with different teams (e.g. product, marketing, customer care, partnerships, tech)
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- An optimistic attitude and an ability to work in ambiguity and roll with lots of changes
- Ability to easily and regularly travel to our Los Angeles video production studio
- Have an active board-certification and medical license in Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Pediatrics with experience working in an Urgent Care setting
- Ideally have demonstrated experience in teaching undergraduate, graduate, or continuing medical education
- Previous on-camera or audio (eg, podcasting) experience
- Minimum 20 hours/week commitment, up to 40 hours/week
- Competitive W2 salary; PTO; 401(k) match; medical, dental, vision insurance (only for 30 hours/week and above); Employee Assistance Program
- We are dedicated to supporting employees with professional growth and offer opportunities to learn new skills and training.