At Hippo Education our mission is to empower the people of medicine to learn, grow, and thrive by creating education and community.
Hippo Education is on a mission to empower the people of medicine to learn, grow, and thrive by creating education and community. Our hard working and quick-to-laugh crew creates exceptional medical education products through our technology platform that hosts podcasts, video courses, and more to keep clinicians up-to-date and at their best. We have a team of over 40 with some working at the main studio in Los Angeles while most of us work remotely all across the US. Hippo’s a fantastic place to work and we’re genuinely proud of the impact we have on clinicians and their patients.
As a Frontend React developer, you'll be instrumental in creating our next generation products, crafting a delightful user experience. In your role, you’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact within our small team, and plenty of room to grow, helping to shape our team and culture. Collaboration and a passion for solving challenging problems will be key to your success.
- 2+ years experience with React / React Native
- 4+ years frontend/UI mobile-first development
- Rich web animation skills (Html5, Css3, Svg, etc)
- Experience using CSS pre-processors (sass / less)
- Familiarity with Typescript
- Experience using REST API, GraphQL, and/or Firestore data sources
- Proficient with GitHub
- A portfolio of projects utilizing the above skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A great sense of humor, optimism, and collaboration
- Development of full-stack web applications using open-source frameworks
- Testing and building tools (Npm, Bower, Jest, Chai)
- Familiarity with SQL, Sequelize ORM, jsonapi, GraphQL
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Full time with remote / telecommute option
- Competitive salary, vacation, 401(k) match, health, vision, and dental insurance
Please apply at:
https://careered.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/frontend-react-developer-hippo-education-8711 and provide links to relevant examples of recent work (your GitHub or equivalent profile would be a great way to start). We'll get back to you within a few days if there is a fit. No calls please