The countdown to October is on! You’ve already applied for the American Board of Pediatrics General Pediatrics Certifying Exam and are probably in the midst of studying.
Here are some tried-and-true strategies to help you make the best study plan for the last months before the exam as well as some pro tips to help you get through that marathon day of testing:
- Use a board prep resource to help you prepare. Let’s face it, life is busy - and board prep tools can help streamline your studying, big time. To make sure you pass your exam the first time, try Hippo Education’s Comprehensive Pediatric Board Review Prep and Qbank. Our board review and question bank offer a pass guarantee. We are increasing pass rates with our efficient board preparation tactics like performance data, ABP crafted questions, and more! Trust us with your exam preparation!
- Practice, practice, practice! Be consistent with your studying and complete as many practice questions as you can before taking the exam.
- Consider simulating the exam a time or two before the big day (ie, start at the same time, complete the same number of questions, and take the same number of breaks). This will help to build up your test-taking stamina.
- Don’t overlook these simple tips to help you feel your best on exam day:
- Make sure you’re getting plenty of sleep and eating a nutritious diet in the week(s) before the exam.The day before the exam, resist the urge to cram and do something you enjoy to relax your brain before the test.
- Leave plenty of time to make it to the testing center and remember to take advantage of the allotted breaks during the exam (get up and stretch!).
We’re with you every step of the way on your way to the finish line. Now, go forth and study! And remember, when exam day finally comes - you’ve got this!